Avoca is a driving force behind the continuous improvement of outsourced clinical research. As a developer of insightful and progressive solutions to challenges faced in clinical research, Avoca makes a tangible difference to the operations of pharmaceutical companies and clinical services providers.
At Avoca, we value hard work of the highest quality and also encourage creativity and work life balance.
Please note that only CVs and resumes uploaded in a PDF format will be considered.
Executive Administrative Assistant
The Avoca Group is currently seeking a candidate to fill the role of Executive Administrative Assistant. In this role, he or she will be responsible for administrative support to the Founder and CEO, and other senior staff. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of office management. The Executive Assistant must be very organized, self-motivated and able to prioritize projects and tasks to meet company needs. Individual must be comfortable interacting with executives and be highly skilled in both oral & written communication. A successful candidate is creative, proactive, and extremely flexible to accommodate the demands of a fast-paced, aggressive growth consulting firm.
In addition to this, the candidate should have:
- High level of independence
- Strong focus on quality
- Exchanges information using tact and persuasion as appropriate
- Proven track record of handling sensitive information confidentially and with care
- Exercises good judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area
- Ability to partner effectively within Avoca to ensure overall company success
This position is full time position at our home office in Princeton, New Jersey. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Clinical Quality Management Sr. Consultant
The Avoca Group is an industry leader in clinical research. As a catalyst for change in clinical research, the Avoca Group transforms industry problems and issues into opportunities to create leading practice tools, guidelines, and standards that improve the speed, efficiency, and quality of clinical trials. We are currently seeking to expand our network of Senior Consultants. Our projects are well suited for candidates who have pharmaceutical industry experience.
Candidates need to have a thorough understanding of new regulatory requirements for proactive risk management inclusive of sponsor obligations for oversight of service providers.
Candidates need a deep understanding of:
- Quality Metrics
- Quality by Design (QbD) Principles
- Inspection Readiness
- Quality Management Systems
- Risk Management
Our Senior Consultants are experienced industry professionals who are able to perform gap analyses, design and implement quality management systems and adapt corresponding business processes. Our Senior Consultants utilize Avoca’s library of tools to propose solutions for clients to fill gaps. They are adept in managing internal teams to meet client needs. An ideal candidate will have substantial knowledge of clinical outsourcing, with expertise in relevant specialty areas such as quality systems, risk management, outsourcing models, effective oversight, clinical operations and change management. They have the ability to review and edit leading practices and documents to match ICH E6 R2 and other regulatory requirements.
Because we are a driving force behind the continuous improvement of clinical research, we find that successful team members are passionate about bringing solutions to the industry and have a desire to make a tangible difference for our clients. The ideal candidates must be self-driven with a sense of urgency and have the ability to work effectively and independently in a virtual company environment.
- He or she will have a proven track record of successfully adding value to client teams
- Minimum 3 years’ experience consulting or working in a senior management role in CRO/Pharmaceutical industry
- minimum BA/BS in a scientific or business discipline
- Strong presentation and reporting skills via MS PowerPoint and oral presentations
The Avoca Group values hard work of the highest quality and also encourages creativity and work life balance. Senior consulting roles are virtual; however, travel to client locations is required on as needed basis.
Director/VP of Business Development
The Avoca Group is currently seeking a candidate to fill a leadership role in Business Development. He or she will have a deep understanding of clinical outsourcing and the ability and confidence to interact at the C-Suite level. Candidates will need to possess an entrepreneurial nature and innate resourcefulness to identify, target and engage clients individually and with their team. He or she will need to utilize strong relationship management skills to attract new Avoca Quality Consortium (AQC) members and sell Diligent services. The Business Development lead will proactively seek to understand the needs of prospective Consulting and Research clients to in order to provide them with the optimal mix of services to enable their success.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will also:
- Have a personal network in the pharmaceutical and CRO industry
- Possess excellent decision making/problem solving skills with a proven track record
- Embrace teamwork, establishing effective working relationships and building trust with customers and stakeholders (internal and external)
- Understand current and future industry trends that could impact the company
- Have a strong presence with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Work independently and collaborate with a team in a virtual environment
- Be available to travel as required (assume up to 30% travel)
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience working in a consultative selling role; preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Hold a minimum of a BA/BS in a scientific or business discipline
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enhance and own the current sales process, driving new business by producing high quality meetings with qualified prospects
- Develop proposals, lead presentations, negotiate and close prospective clients
- Communicate effectively on key metrics including, pipeline progress, revenue forecast
- Collaborate internally to develop new services based on discovered market opportunities
- Build strong relationships with existing AQC Members and Avoca clients
- Establish a reputation as a thought leader and increase recognition of Avoca within the industry
This position is full time and field-based position. Our offices are in Princeton, New Jersey. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.