Register now for the 8th Annual AQC Fall Member Meeting, November 7, 2019, Seattle, Washington. Learn more >>
The 8th Annual Avoca Global Summit took place June 5-6, 2019, in Boston, MA.
The theme for the event, “Own the Future,” focused on quality and the adoption of innovative technology in the execution of clinical trials.
With over a dozen interactive sessions and numerous networking opportunities, the Summit offered attendees a chance to connect, address challenges, engage with thought leaders, and influence global change. The collaborative nature of the event and the diversity of the participants allowed for stimulating conversation and sharing of experiences and ideas. Individuals who work outside of the clinical research space provided the opportunity to view the important work of clinical trials through a distinctly different lens.
- Hands-on workshops offered participants the opportunity to learn about 2019 AQC accomplishments and leading practices that are in development for each of the workstreams.
- Keynote Speaker, David Shing, Verizon Media’s Digital Prophet, discussed the latest trends and future of the web and provided insight on the evolving digital landscape.
- During two Thought Leader Spotlights, industry executives, Jennifer Byrne, CEO and Board Chair, Javara, and Tom Pike, former CEO, Quintiles, offered their perspectives on clinical research as an innovative care option and the current state of clinical trials.
- A panel discussion with leaders representing technology companies Verizon, Intel, and Oracle Health Sciences, and pharma executives representing clinical compliance, transformational technology, and innovation focused on how the pharmaceutical industry is well-positioned to collaborate with technology companies to identify and develop integrated solutions.
- Chen Admati, Head of Intel Pharma Analytics Platform, Intel Corporation, spoke on how clinical trials are changing in light of new technologies and what we can anticipate as an industry.
- The Tufts CSDD-Avoca Vendor Qualification Benchmarking Study design and interim data were shared. This was followed by interactive discussion around industry challenges with provider qualification.
- A panel of experts discussed the merging of clinical research with patient care and how technology is impacting the patient experience today.
- It was announced that a new AQC Knowledge Center is in development, with an anticipated release at the AQC Fall Member Meeting, November 7, in Seattle, WA. The new platform will optimize the user experience, and have machine learning as a capability.
- Attendees were invited to join Avoca the evening of June 5th to celebrate the company’s 20-year anniversary.
Over 150 attendees represented leadership positions from manager to C-Level from biopharma, clinical research, and tech companies across 10 countries.
Plan now to attend next year’s 2020 Avoca Quality and Innovation Summit in Amsterdam, June 2020. Additional details to be announced.